Insurance for owners
Insurance conditions for owners
So that you can rent your camper out to other people without any worries, we offer you an insurance solution on a daily basis in cooperation with Baloise, which is specially tailored to rental via MyCamper.
Should you not meet the requirements of the MyCamper-Baloise insurance solution, or already hold an insurance policy which explicitly includes the rental, you can also use another insurance policy.
The MyCamper-Baloise insurance solution
The MyCamper-Baloise insurance solution comprises the following coverage: third party liability, partial and comprehensive insurance. In the case of a caravan, the third party liability insurance runs through the towing vehicle. Furthermore, as the rental company, you can specify the obligation for the interior insurance. You can find the General Insurance Conditions here.
Excess for comprehensive and liability insurance per claim: CHF 200
- Third party liability: covers damage caused by the renter to another's vehicle or property
- Comprehensive insurance: covers damage caused by natural forces, snow slide, theft, animals, glass, vandalism and assistance as well as damage caused by falling objects (e.g. hail, falling snow, theft, collision with animals, glass breakage) and collision and fire damage to the camper caused by the renter, without interior space (e.g. collapse, impact, tipping over, lightning, fire, sinking in and out)
- Interior insurance: covers damage due to sudden destruction or damage caused by external or internal impact to components in the interior or passenger compartment as well as in the load compartment or boot, as well as the furniture in the living area including windows and blinds, the electrical appliances in the living area (e.g. refrigerator, boiler, TV set), the complete gas system as well as the drinking and waste water system of the vehicle listed in the rental agreement. If the rent refers to a vehicle with roof tent or only a roof tent, it also covers damage to the interior of the roof tent.
The MyCamper-Baloise insurance solution works very simply: When your camper is booked via MyCamper, it is covered by insurance from Baloise. In the event of claims incurred during the rental period, the MyCamper-Baloise insurance solution will take effect and take priority. This means that your private insurance will continue to be valid during the rental period, but the MyCamper-Baloise insurance will be triggered in the event of a claim. As soon as your renter has completed and paid for the booking, the rental insurance will automatically be activated for the duration of the rental period. You and your renter will receive insurance confirmation together with the rental agreement. When you use your camper yourself, your own insurance cover will still apply. There is no need to inform your own insurance company or change the policy, and it will not be involved in any claims incurred during the rental period.
- The camper is enrolled in Switzerland or the Principality of Liechtenstein and you as the owner are resident in Switzerland or the Principality of Liechtenstein.
- The owner is resident in Switzerland or the Principality of Liechtenstein
Should your vehicle not fulfil the preconditions for the MyCamper-Baloise insurance solution, we will gladly help you to find a suitable insurance policy. We have contacts and are sure we can help you. For this please contact us here.
The costs of the MyCamper-Baloise insurance solution of CHF 15 to 30 per night are included in the night price and are paid by the renter. The insurance costs are regressive, they depend on the booking costs, the longer the rental period, the lower the insurance costs (pro rata). As soon as you have created a vehicle profile on MyCamper, you will see the cost of MyCamper Basler insurance. You do not pay any annual fees.
Your own rental insurance
If your camper does not fulfil the above criteria, or if you already hold rental insurance, it can be insured by your own insurance company as a rental vehicle.
The covers vary from insurance company to insurance company.
Your insurance policy must contain the wording "private rental" or "rental against payment". If the policy does not expressly mention rental, we recommend that you consult your insurance company and request written confirmation. Most insurance companies exclude rental against payment in their general terms and conditions of insurance.
If you want to rent your vehicle out on MyCamper using your own rental insurance, please confirm this in the vehicle creation process.
Rental vehicle insurance usually entails a higher annual premium than insurance that covers only private use. Make the insurance available to the lessee, pay the premium and include it in the cost of the rental.
Additional insurance options for the lessee
The lessee has the option of taking out further insurance policies during the booking process.
If there is already roadside assistance in place for your camper included in the rental, you can specify this in the vehicle profile. During the booking process, the renter can book Europe-wide roadside assistance via our partner Baloise.
Loss of excess / bonus protection
If the camper is insured by you as the owner, a possible loss of excess of your insurance can be covered via 'Loss of excess / Bonus protection' of the MyCamper-Baloise insurance solution.
The renter can add the interior insurance if you have not coded this as obligatory in your camper profile. The interior insurance covers damage due to sudden destruction or damage caused by external or internal impact to components in the interior or passenger compartment as well as in the load compartment or boot, as well as the furniture in the living area including windows and blinds, the electrical appliances in the living area (e.g. refrigerator, boiler, TV set), the complete gas system as well as the drinking and waste water system of the vehicle listed in the rental agreement. If the rental refers to a vehicle with a roof tent or only a roof tent, this insurance also covers damage to the interior of the roof tent.
Cancellation insurance covers costs accruing to the renter if he or she cannot commence a booked journey or has to break it off early (e.g. due to serious illness, serious injury or pregnancy complications).
You will find an overview of the insurance options for renters on this page.
Do you have any further questions regarding insurance? We will be very pleased to assist. Just ring or write to us.